Managing Mood Group is a group for people aged 16-19 who would like to learn more about emotions and strategies to help manage them.
We are running the group over ZOOM on Tuesday afternoons, starting 16th November, for 5 weeks. If you’d like to know more, ring 09 845 1893 or text us 027 462 4580. We’ll look at beginning a new group in the New Year so watch this space.
At the group you’ll:
- Increase awareness of your emotions
- Learn and practice skills for how to manage strong emotions more effectively
- Learn strategies for managing tricky situations
Feedback from young people includes that they learnt:
- “A lot. That moods are ok and normal”
- “Skills to help me when I’m angry”
- “How to stop and think before acting”
The group is a 5 week program
If you would like to attend please book with your counsellor or the duty counsellor on 845 1893
Please do not use alcohol or other drugs
on the day of the group
All participants receive a certificate of attendance