What is Altered High?
We are a team of health professionals that helps young people with concerns about their own, or someone else’s alcohol or drug use. We provide interventions to reduce the harm from alcohol or drug use and help young people stop using alcohol and/or drugs. We work with you at your pace and focus on what you want to achieve – a positive treatment experience is what gets results. We are a confidential service and are happy to take an individual or family approach. We see young people aged 13 – 19 years from all over the wider Auckland region. We can do this because we are mobile. We can see you in a place that suits you, for example at school, in community rooms or at home.
Some of the reasons young people attend Altered High…
‘I just want some info.’
‘I’m worried and want to talk about things.’
‘I’m hanging out for alcohol and drugs all the time.’
‘My parents are on my case.’
‘I’m facing charges. It will show I’m doing something positive.’
‘I’m using substances to cope with stress.’
‘I’m addicted. Help me get off this stuff!’
How do you make a referral to Altered High?
- Ring us on (09) 845 1893 between 08:30 – 16:30 (Monday to Friday). An Altered High worker will take your call, explain more about the service and answer any questions you have.
- If you haven’t got any credit, text us on 027 462 4580, and we’ll call or text you back.
- Fill out an Altered High referral form, print it out and fax it back to (09) 845 1895 or email it to email@example.com
- You can contact us by filling out the contact form and we’ll get back to you.
- For primary care services with practice management systems use “E-referrals – Addiction Services”. Mark your referral clearly for the attention of Altered High Youth Service and include the following information:
- Whether or not the young person has agreed to the referral
- Whether or not the young person’s family is aware of the referral
- Contact numbers and email addresses for young person and family if possible
Altered High is not able to provide after hours crisis services. If you need emergency mental health assistance call 0800 800 717.