CADS Youth Service – Alcohol and Drug Brief Intervention Group
Taking a Break Group is a group for people aged 15-19 who are using drugs and alcohol and who:
• Are concerned about or want to change their use
• Need to access support after business hours
• Have legal issues such as diversion, probation, Police involvement etc
During the group we will:
- Explore beliefs about using substances
- Help motivate you to make change
- Look at ways to reduce the harms associated with using alcohol and other drugs
If you would like to attend please book with your counsellor or call duty to discuss a referral 🙂
Please do not use alcohol or other drugs
on the day of the group
All participants receive a certificate of attendance
The fine print
- Runs for four weeks on Thursday evenings – 5.30pm to 7.00pm.
- Please call our Dutyline on 027 462 4580 to find out when the next group starts and to meet with one of our clinicians prior to attending the group.
- The group is currently done via Zoom (so you can relax at home) however sometimes we may have groups at our office in Kingsland – Level 2, 409 New North Rd.
We are on the corner of New North Rd and Bond Street. There is a carpark just off Bond Street. You can come up the lift under the building. Be sure when you come to go to Level 2, as level 1 is the CADS Central Adult team. See map for further details.
Call us: 027 462 4580
Download a flyer for the group here