THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN OUR ‘FAMILY & FRIENDS GROUP’.
The evening provides an opportunity to talk about your concerns related to your young person’s substance use, and how this is impacting on the family and importantly yourselves. We provide a supportive place to share, receive support, and explore potential approaches to your concerns. It also provides:
- A safe place where you can voice the many stresses and emotions this brings, and feel heard and understood in a non-judgemental way
- Ask questions and gain knowledge on alcohol & drugs, youth development, and the interaction of these.
- Explore potential parenting strategies to addressing your young person’s substance use and behaviours, and recognise what is working as well.
- Contemplate your next step on the way forward with support from the Altered High counsellors and from other parents
- An important focus of the Evening is on how you are coping, how family look after themselves, self-care skills and support networks.
WE ARE STARTING TO OFFER THE FAMILY & FRIEND GROUP ON WEEKLY BASIS – EACH WEDNESDAY FROM THE 1ST FEBRUARY 2017
START 18.00-20.00, CADS ALTERED HIGH OFFICES IN KINGSLAND
THIS IS A FREE ON CHARGE SERVICE
WE WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD CALL OUR DUTYLINE ON 845 1893 ON THE DAY, OR PRIOR TO THE DATE, TO LET US KNOW YOU ARE INTENDING TO COME.
Parking: is located behind the building. Please ensure you park at ‘Visitors’ or WDHB. Unmarked carparks are tow away. Take the lift under the building to Level 2, as level 1 is the CADS Central Adult service.